BBS Shines at PRI 2016January 16, 2017
BBS featured the most advanced wheel technology in the industry with an array of products on display from many on its Race and Motorsport team partners. The BBS Winner’s Circle proudly showcased winning BBS wheels from teams such as:
· Porsche Motorsport: The Overall Winner of the 2016 LeMans 24 Hours and the FIA World Endurance championship on BBS Forged Magnesium “Aero” Design Monoblocs wheels.
· Ford Chip Ganassi Racing: The 2016 LeMans 24 Hours winner partnered with BBS for both the racing and production wheels for the new Ford GT.
· Andretti Herta Autosport: Won “The 100th Running of the Indy 500” on BBS Forged Aluminum wheels. Also on display was the winning wheel with the commemorative “The 100th Running of the Indy 500” tire.
· Pratt Miller Corvette Racing: won the Driver’s Championship, Manufacturers Championship, Team Championship and the Patron Endurance Championship in the IMSA GTLM Championship on BBS Forged Aluminum Monobloc wheels.
· Action Express Racing: Captured their third consecutive P Class of the Weather Tech Sports Championship using the innovative BBS XE 2-piece race wheels.
The BBS booth also featured BBS’ SEMA award winning RT88 and Forged Magnesium monobloc wheels. These wheels won the SEMA new products category back to back in 2015 and 2016.
The new BBS RE1704 for the Porsche Cayman GT4 was on display for all to see. With its advanced design and engineering style the RE1704 stands as the most advanced street and track wheel for the Cayman GT4.
Track focused wheels on display were:
· RI-A 18” Monobloc
· RE1251 Motorsport 19” Monobloc for 997.2 GT3
· RE1652 Motorsport 18” 991 Cup wheel
· RE1734 Motorsport 18” Cayman SRO Club Sport wheel
· RE1738 Motorsport 19” Monobloc for Cayman GT4
· Custom Historic wheels
· E01 3-piece Race wheels
· E13 3-piece Race wheels
· E87 3-piece Race wheels
· E88 3-piece race wheels
· RE1640/41 Forged magnesium GT3 RS wheels
The RE1640 Magnesium wheel is the lightest wheel for its application, built to the highest OE Level standards and BBS’ long experience with this material.
Other products featured in the booth were the BBS street use FI-R, CH-R, CI-R, LM and multiple BBS cast wheels that fit every budget.The BBS booth was busy with customers from all over the North and South American continents. There were also many attendees from Europe and Asia visiting the booth to see latest BBS offering for racing and street.
PRI 2016 proved to be another very successful show for BBS of America.